Alaska Humanities Forum Grant Program
**For information on the 2013-2015 Anchorage Centennial Community Grants Program, click here. For information on the Alaska Humanities Forum's standard general and mini-grant programs, read below.***
The AKHF grant program funds humanities-based projects. In carrying out the Forum’s mission, we support grant projects that:
- Cultivate appreciation and enjoyment of the humanities, including disciplines such as Cultural studies, Archaeology, Ethics, Philosophy, History, Linguistics, Folklore, Languages, and many more.
- Create dialogue among peoples holding divergent points of view.
- Apply traditional bodies of wisdom to present concerns.
- Search for a sense of personal identity and a sense of place through history, traditions, and new ideas.
- Pass on the values, methods, and wisdom of the humanities to future generations of Alaskans.
We have two grant programs here at the Forum:
- General Grants: Funding up to $10,000 for general humanities projects. Deadline is January 31, 2014.
- Mini Grants: Our smallest grant program with funding up to $2000. These projects have a rolling deadline and need prior approval before applying.
Adobe Acrobat Reader is required to open PDF files. To download click here
For more information about grants or for assistance with the guidelines and application system, please contact Susy Buchanan, Grants Officer at 907-272-5373 or via email at